Sun, Nov 19|
Indianapolis Cuddle Workshop!
A guided workshop on deeper connection through boundaries & consent.
Time & Location
Nov 19, 2023, 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Epicenter Indy, 1609 S East St, Indianapolis, IN 46225, USA
About the event
Practice Selfcare And Connection At Cuddle Party's Cuddle Workshop!
Wait... What is a Cuddle Workshop?
A Cuddle Workshop is an experiential workshop for deeper connection. It teaches communication skills on setting boundaries & establishing consent so that the participants can explore the positive impact of platonic touch in a structured space.
Well, what does that mean?
Firstly, touching other human beings is really good for you! Hugs produce oxytocin and this is how oxytocin impacts the body:
- lowers blood pressure
- boosts immune system
- improves sense of safety, comfort, and belonging
Secondly, the first hour of this event is a workshop on what consent and boundaries look like at a Cuddle Party. The workshop teaches:
- How to gain clarity and confidence in asking for consent
- How to identify and set firm compassionate boundaries
- Where to find comfort, support and encouragement.
Thirdly, whether you are partnered or single (both are absolutely welcome!) you can expect the opportunity to explore kind, thoughtful connection. With the help of a certified facilitator, participants are encouraged to explore genuine connection. There is opportunity to practice vulnerability, boundary setting, and consent conversations along with CUDDLING of course!
Heads up about health...
**If you have symptoms of any contagious illness, from a stuffy noses and sore throat to fever or nausea and beyond, please sit this one out. You will be given a full refund. Let's not pass along our colds, flu, or covid to our community. That's not fun for anyone.**
What can I expect?
- Review the itinerary below and arrive on time. Once we begin the Welcome Circle and orientation the doors will close and no one else will be admitted. This creates comfort and accountability by ensuring that everyone has heard the rules and expectations.
- What to wear: Pajamas or minimum outer wear shorts and t-shirt. Think about what clothing might be comfortable to lounge around in and allows for motion. The space can get chilly so it's a great idea to bring layers you can adjust to your comfort.
- What to bring: Non-alcoholic beverages and/or snacks to share. Cuddle accessories (i.e. pillow, blanket, stuffed animals etc.) are also welcome. Mostly just bring yourself and a open hearted mindset.
- It's a great best practice to take a covid rapid test before the event for peace of mind.
Are there any rules?
Yep. Here they are. :)
- Pajamas/comfy clothes stay on the whole time
- You don't have to touch anyone at a Cuddle Party, ever.
- You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as possible.)
- If you are a yes, say YES. If you are a no, say NO.
- If you are a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind.
- Respect your relationship agreements and communicate with your partner.
- Get a facilitator if you have a question, concern, or need assistance.
- Tears and laughter are both welcome.
- Respect people's privacy when sharing about Cuddle Party.
- Keep the cuddle space tidy.
Meet Your Host
This event is hosted by Keeley Shoup. Keeley (She/They) is a cuddle therapist, boundaries and consent educator, certified Cuddle Party Facilitator, and the CEO & Co-Owner of Cuddlist. She is passionate about spreading more authentic and empowered connection in the world through embodied consent practices. keeleyshoup.com
Still have questions?
Please call or email me with any questions or concerns.